Welcome!

Do you enjoy reading books? Have you read all the books you have and are wondering what books to read now? Are you interested in hearing what other kids have to say about your favorite books? Do you want to share your love of reading with others?
If any of the above apply to you, then you've come to the right place!

Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Moon Over Manifest - An Awesome Historical Fiction Book (Sample Project)

"Moon Over Manifest" by Clare Vanderpool is definitely one of the best books I have ever read, but I wouldn't have guessed that by simply looking at the cover when I first picked it out from the bookstore.  Luckily, I didn't judge the book by its cover and decided to take it home with me.  I have re-read the book so many times that I've lost count of how many times.

Basically, the book is about a girl, Abilene, who is sent to Manifest, the town where her father lived as a boy.  Throughout the book, Abilene tries to discover hidden secrets the town has held for a long time.  More importantly, she wants to find out what her father left behind in the town and why he sent her here.  As an old diviner relates stories of the past to her, Abilene slowly puts pieces of the puzzle together and discovers amazing things about herself, her dad, and the town of Manifest. 

What I love about this book is that it keeps my attention from the beginning until the end.  Even though I've read it so many times, I am still excited to read what happens next (even though I know exactly what will happen).  I think that is because of the author's way of writing.  The book is not too adventurous, but not boring either.  It's not scary, but it has its moments of suspense.  And it is funny, too, which is another thing I like about it.  I also like how it's written as a story in the past so I learn about people who lived during various times in history.  I think the only thing I don't like about the book is that it finishes too quickly.  Obviously that's not a fault of the book since it's long enough (342 pages), but I usually end up finishing the book wishing that I could start again. 

I definitely recommend "Moon Over Manifest" to anyone who just wants to read a good book.  Whether you like history or not, no matter what kind of book you like to read or what age you are, "Moon Over Manifest" is for you. 


No comments:

Post a Comment